Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] HP DV4 - 1280us BIOS unlock for CPU upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Please help to finish the upgrade of a friend's HP DV4 - 1280us notebook. He ordered a Core 2 Duo T9800 (2.93GHz) processor to upgrade from a T6400. I disassembled the notebook and changed the processor, but it is being recognized as a SP9400 by CPU-Z (2.4GHz) instead.
I think that the proper processor microcode for T9800 could be missing from the BIOS. Is it possible for it to be added in the BIOS?

The BIOS that is running on the notebook is version F66A:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-4...p48847.exe

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Do Load Defaults in BIOS, save and reboot.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
(05-21-2018, 01:45 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Do Load Defaults in BIOS, save and reboot.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
Hi DeathBringer,

Thank you for your answer.

I loaded the Defaults in BIOS:

Here are the prints of CPU-Z that you requested:

CPU tab:
[attachment=14363]

Mainboard tab:
[attachment=14364]

Regards,

Tbolt
Show a photo of the your CPU.
[attachment=14366 Wrote:DeathBringer pid='140002' dateline='1527080113']Show a photo of the your CPU.

Hi DeathBringer,

The picture below is from the seller's advertizement. The processor that was delivered came with the same numbers, specialliy the first line in the bottom is exactly the same:

EDIT: The seller asked me to remove the picture.

Please let me know if a photo from the real cpu is necessary, as this will require that I disassembly the notebook to do it.

Regards,

Tbolt
I need a real photo. I think you was fooled and it's remarked CPU.
(05-23-2018, 08:31 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I need a real photo. I think you was fooled and it's remarked CPU.

OK. I'll disassemble the notebook and take a picture.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tbolt
(05-23-2018, 08:31 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I need a real photo. I think you was fooled and it's remarked CPU.

Hi DeathBringer,

Here are the pictures you requested:

Processor:
[attachment=14370]

I also took a picture of the whole motherboard:
[attachment=14371]

If you would like to seem them in full resolution, please let me know and I'll upload them somewhere else.

Thank you again for your help.

Regards,

Tbolt
It's remarked CPU. It's old C2D E8135 with sSpec=SLAQA, stepping C0, frequency=2,4 GHz, TDP= 44W.
Look at original one.
[Image: core-2-duo-e8135-2.66ghz-6mb-1066mhz-sla...ed-ok!.jpg]
Hi DeathBringer,

Thank you so much for your help. I'll open a dispute against the seller and ask for a refund.

Best regards,

Tbolt