Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Bios thinkpad yoga 260
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lls thank you, but my fingerprint are not activate in mi computer, dudu thank you to, i hzve read your messages, znd i don't have a bad dump because i erase it...but what i ask next its dimr explanation, why? Some understanding...if its botheting you iam sorry...i just try to learning...
Hello

I com back again for asking if someone can confirm than if i change the ship with that one: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIOS-CHIP-LENOV...r=1&_rdt=1
It can be ok ?

Thank you
Hello all,
On eBay I bought a motherboard for my Thinkpad Yoga 260 (the old one died), but it turned out to be locked. I tried the trick with shorting pins 5 and 6 of the Winbond BIOS eeprom, but I never got it to work. I then reflashed the BIOS chip with the old, original image and with one I bought on the I'net. No luck. Tried shorting pins again, but it didn't work.
Now when booting, on screen I only get two small icons next to a lock icon plus 2 error messages:
    0271: real time clock error
    0183: Bad CRC of security settings in EFI variable.
I'm out of options. Does anyone have an idea?
(02-02-2020, 11:58 AM)wfko Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,
On eBay I bought a motherboard for my Thinkpad Yoga 260 (the old one died), but it turned out to be locked. I tried the trick with shorting pins 5 and 6 of the Winbond BIOS eeprom, but I never got it to work. I then reflashed the BIOS chip with the old, original image and with one I bought on the I'net. No luck. Tried shorting pins again, but it didn't work.
Now when booting, on screen I only get two small icons next to a lock icon plus 2 error messages:
Hi
Need your bios dump only...check your PM
P.S. also you need a SPI-programmer
(02-02-2020, 12:16 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2020, 11:58 AM)wfko Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,
Hi
Need your bios dump only...check your PM
P.S. also you need a SPI-programmer

Thanks Dudu2002. All is up and running again.
It was quite a job, but you really helped me out!
Pages: 1 2