Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Pentium E6600 on Fujitsu-Siemens D2151-A2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens D2151-A2 mainboard and a Intel Pentium Processor E6600 3.06 GHz 1066 MHz FSB
The CPU was not recognized (half speed) and the mainboard kept asking for microcode update (not available).
Link to Bios: http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDownload.asp?SoftwareGuid=ED30EDA5-7796-4A9C-B79A-7ECCC377DDEC
Aida64 CPUID:
[attachment=14445]
[attachment=14448]
It said "Multiplier 6x - 11.5x" but it was set to 6x.
After following the instructions from https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-TUTORIAL-Fujitsu-Esprimo-LGA775-CPU-Microcode-Update
it's not asking for microcode update but it shows "Multiplier 6x" and it's set to 6x.

What I tried:
- resetting Bios settings;
- setting "Performance" instead of Auto/Silent in Bios;
- setting Control Panel >> Power options >> High Performance
- stressing the CPU to max
So far no change in reported frequency (before and after the update with 2950 microcode).

What I haven't tried: disconnecting again the cooler, reading the CPU spec code and connecting the cooler back hoping the MB will
reset the CPU multiplier when it will notice it was removed and inserted again...
Every time I connect the cooler back I have the fear its plastiq will desintegrate... (sorry my english)

Anyone can help me please?

Thank you.

Edit:
I disconnected the cooler and removed the CPU from the socket.
CPU spec code: SLGUG
I insert it back, connected the cooler and... absolutely no change Sad

Any other ideas?
In the last 24h I searched a way to edit the Bios (hoping there is a hidden option to manually change the multiplier).
Somewhere on this forum says the Fujitsu Siemens Bioses are Phoenix.
So I tried to edit with Phoenix Bios editor.
The original files from Fujitsu Siemens support can't be edited with PBE, even after I "unsnipacked" them + removed 112 Bytes from the start and 1 Byte from the end.
Winphlash wouldn't make a backup of the current Bios without the new Bios file, which is stupid.
Oemflash, same problem.
Finally I made a backup with Bios Backup Toolkit 2.0.
[attachment=14459]
PBE still can't open it (unexpected end of file).
Pheonix Slic Mod says "Invalid header at FA78" and then "not Phoenix/Dell.. Bios".

Well, I don't know what to do/try next...

Anybody...?

Thank you in advance.
I need a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
(06-09-2018, 07:59 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I need a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0

Here it is:
[attachment=14469]

And, just so you can see how slow it is:

[attachment=14470]
Post TXT report of CPU-Z.
(06-10-2018, 04:20 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post TXT report of CPU-Z.

[attachment=14473]
Try to use ThrottleStop to increase CPU multiplier.
(06-10-2018, 05:26 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to use ThrottleStop to increase CPU multiplier.

[attachment=14475][attachment=14476][attachment=14477]

Seems to work .

Thank you Smile

But, if it's possible, a more "permanent" solution is preferable.
For example so it should work in Linux too (I have Ubuntu installed).
I'm sorry, but I haven't a proper tool to edit this BIOS.
(06-10-2018, 06:47 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, but I haven't a proper tool to edit this BIOS.

Well, if you have time and energy, maybe we can design a better app to edit Bioses (the current ones are louzy).
I'm a computer programmer (Delphi and C++). One of my tools is this.
Pages: 1 2