Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Bios-Modders,

my name ist Hashtopher and I would like to change the Intel-8265 wifi-card to the Intel-9260 or Killer-1550. I also would like, if it's possible, to put a mini m.2 ssd into the wwan slot. After research I found out that only the custom change of the bios will allow me to do so.
That's why I ask if somebody can help me changing the bios.

The Model Number is: 20KGS03800
Newest Bios: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n23uj07w.exe

best regards
Hashtopher
(06-14-2018, 06:35 PM)Hashtopher Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Bios-Modders,

my name ist Hashtopher and I would like to change the Intel-8265 wifi-card to the Intel-9260 or Killer-1550. I also would like, if it's possible, to put a mini m.2 ssd into the wwan slot. After research I found out that only the custom change of the bios will allow me to do so.

best regards
Hashtopher
Hi
This bios is locked for modification.
(06-15-2018, 02:06 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2018, 06:35 PM)Hashtopher Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Bios-Modders,

best regards
Hashtopher
Hi
This bios is locked for modification.

Hi Dudu2002,

Thank you for the response. Is every other bios release for this type of notebook also locked for modification? If they are, is there any other way to built in at least the Wifi Modul? I heared something about faking the Hardware ID number of the wifi module, so it will appear as a module accecpted from the bios.

best regards
Hashtopher
(06-15-2018, 04:45 AM)Hashtopher Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Dudu2002,

Thank you for the response. Is every other bios release for this type of notebook also locked for modification? If they are, is there any other way to built in at least the Wifi Modul? I heared something about faking the Hardware ID number of the wifi module, so it will appear as a module accecpted from the bios.

best regards
Hashtopher
does not matter what version of bios
Dear All,

I have an X1 carbon 6th Gen 20KGS40Y00 I also want to whitelist the WWAN. I just purchase a Fibocon FMK7H and install on it then having the message that my card is not allowed. I really need to have this to work not to waste my investment.

Please help.
(05-04-2021, 10:26 AM)thyos2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Dear All,

I have an X1 carbon 6th Gen 20KGS40Y00 I also want to whitelist the WWAN. I just purchase a Fibocon FMK7H and install on it then having the message that my card is not allowed. I really need to have this to work not to waste my investment.

Please help.
Hi
All mods are personal...need your bios dump
Check your PM