Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Acer Predator G3610 Ivy Bridge Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'd rather not solder in my life again (I managed to get hot tin in my eye during 4th grade in class + 2 months of studying ICT-field in school).
Thank you for trying to help me. I'll just start saving money for ryzen setup. My current setup is becoming a black hole for money anyway.
Do I rename this thread solved or leave it be?
There is a small chance of success when using the hardware programmer.
To try you need cheap CH341A & SOIC8 test clip.
[Image: s-l300.jpg][Image: s-l300.jpg]
Read BIOS chip by this hardware programmer and post the result.
How much is a new bios chip and where would I even get one? I understood that it has a better chance of succeeding that the test clip method and being potentially more cheap since it's just 1 chip. And what are the chances of me bricking the hole motherboard and in general the chances of succeeding the original goal of ramming the new intel chip in? I'd rather not take a huge risk of bricking my motherboard and be without a desktop for potentially months or burning my current funds for a new motherboard.
Re-soldering BIOS chip is more expensive then test clip ($3). But hardware programmer ($2.5) is required in both cases.
I found 25Q64FV and flash a backup of 25Q32BV into it. With the new chip, everything worked and I decided to update the bios with standard means via DOS and nothing came out, still writes "rom file does not match existing bios size". Then I decided to flash the chip directly on the programmer, I did it, but nothing worked with the new bios - a cyclic reboot.
I flashed last bios - P03.A3
Restore original BIOS.
Yes, as a result, I did so - I returned the original flash drive
Try to flash my mod by your hardware programmer.
At first test it with old CPU, then with new one.
I forgot to say that all the manipulations were carried out with the i5-2300
(05-14-2023, 05:16 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to flash my mod by your hardware programmer.
At first test it with old CPU, then with new one.

I flashed your firmware 25Q64FV and it turned on, now I will try to install i7-3770
Pages: 1 2 3