Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Tualatin support for Gigabyte GA-6ZMA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to add microcodes by myself using cbrom155 / cbrom215 and ctmc but any change to BIOS file results in corrupted bios: awdflash refuses to flash this bios (actually hangs with "Please wait!" prompt), modbin displays "checksum error" when trying to open modified BIOS and when I managed to flash modded BIOS using Uniflash, I receive AWARD's BIOS checksum failure during boot.

I am able to launch DOS using AWARD bios recovery and launch various programs with Tualatin CPU so I believe that missing microcode is the only thing missing.

Is there something different about Gigabyte boards and it's checksums? I managed to modify Abit and Asus bioses previously and I didn't received such problems.

Thanks in advance,
forteller
Try to flash my mod.
No dice I'm afraid - after flashing Your bios, I am greeted with "no GPU" beep code and basing on POST code display, board skips POST prodecure entirely and seeks for something on floppy drive. I was unable to flash your bios using AWDFLASH, I had to use Uniflash.

But I have found a workaround. I have flashed BIOS for Gigabyte GA-6BXC keeping my fingers crossed and it works! I have used pack found here:
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=727
And flashed powleap2.bin. It works! I have to do some more tests to determine full stability, but I was able to complete my MicroATX build with AGP, ISA, 133MHz bus and Tualatin Smile

There are some minor bugs with this bios, but apparently - everything works. Even though chipset and AWARD versions are different. Lucky me. I didn't tried 512MB RAM on stock BIOS, but now it works. Something that was apparently unsupported on 440ZX.
Good news!