Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus K550IU/X550IU Bios Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-29-2018, 04:50 PM)nandaoktavera Wrote: [ -> ]Changes
  • Unlocked Chipset tab.
  • Unlocked CPU Configuration. (so finally we can disable the annoyying CPB Feature that causing overheat on our CPU)
  • Enhanced the Radeon RX 460 Thermal Policy.
  • Faster GPU and Memory Clock for the Radeon RX 460.
Instruction
  • Download AFUWINGUIx64 5.05.04
  • Extract bios zip
  • PLUG-IN YOUR CHARGER
  • Open AFUWINGUI.exe (64bit) and open the BIOS-X550IUAS307-Modded.rom
  • Under Block Options, Select the "Main bios image" and "NVRAM"
  • Click "Flash" button
  • Wait until finish, then reboot.
The modded bios are on my github repo here :
Patched-IU.307.rom
https://github.com/yuune/bios-blob-x550iu

Why can't I update? currently im on bios 300.
When I used afuwinguix64, it said "a1 Error: BIOS does not support ME Entire Firmware update"
What should I do? I really need to activate the amd-v feature.
Thank you very much
(08-21-2018, 01:31 AM)okitkit Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't I update? currently im on bios 300.
When I used afuwinguix64, it said "a1 Error: BIOS does not support ME Entire Firmware update"
Thank you very much

that's weird, ME is stand for intel management engine, but this x550iu should be an AMD device.
but anyways, if you just need to activate amd-v, trust me, it already activated by default. 
amd has a bad virtualization compatibility at several program (like android studio)
(08-18-2018, 11:11 PM)J4D Wrote: [ -> ]It would seem as though this BIOS mod makes the APU throttle at 75 degrees celcius. As the APU never gets to 80 degrees like it used to and throttles at 75 degrees C. Is there a way to fix?

the default bios also has a temp limits at 75 degrees.
yes we can edit those values by editing the bios file,
but there is another ways to change it without bios edits, is by editing the PowerPlayTable registry.

you can look at here : 
https://github.com/yuune/various-x550iu-...ter/regist

just compare the pptable, find the difference, and change it if you want to adjust the values.
(08-29-2018, 01:34 AM)nandaoktavera Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2018, 01:31 AM)okitkit Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't I update? currently im on bios 300.
Thank you very much

that's weird, ME is stand for intel management engine, but this x550iu should be an AMD device.
but anyways, if you just need to activate amd-v, trust me, it already activated by default. 
amd has a bad virtualization compatibility at several program (like android studio)

Hey, thanks for the reply. Finally I could flash the bios using your modded bios.
Strange things happened, my LAN network and the RX460 were not found, they just went missing.
Any idea about this?
Oh i guess that makes sense when you said amd has bad virtualization compatibility. Is that the reason why my LDmanager (similar to Nox) can only use 1 processor instead of 4 processors?
And also is that why i can not install phoenix os into my laptop?
Im sorry for my questions, im silly at this kind of things
(08-29-2018, 01:47 AM)nandaoktavera Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2018, 11:11 PM)J4D Wrote: [ -> ]It would seem as though this BIOS mod makes the APU throttle at 75 degrees celcius. As the APU never gets to 80 degrees like it used to and throttles at 75 degrees C. Is there a way to fix?

the default bios also has a temp limits at 75 degrees.
yes we can edit those values by editing the bios file,
but there is another ways to change it without bios edits, is by editing the PowerPlayTable registry.

you can look at here : 
https://github.com/yuune/various-x550iu-...ter/regist

just compare the pptable, find the difference, and change it if you want to adjust the values.

I ask this because when playing games the CPU clock speed dips down to around 2.2-2.6GHZ even with temperatures low on both the CPU (69 to 73 degrees) and the GPU at 74 degrees max, I don't know what is causing this and have been searching the forums for months looking for an answer. The issue is more pronounced in the game "Battlefield 1", where the speed in Main Menu is at 3.48GHz but as soon as the game begins rendering the CPU speed drops to 2.2-2.6GHz. I'd understand if I was using the iGPU to play the game because it would need power from the CPU because they're both on the same chip, but this happens even when using the dedicated GPU (RX 460). I'm wondering if you know how to solve this problem.

And for the temperature problem I used Radeon Settings to set max GPU temperature to 75 degrees since the GPU and CPU share the same heat pipe, the RX 460 was causing the high CPU temperatures. But even with temps low, the throttling still occurs in games and in games only. CPU stress tests don't show this behavior either, just in things that require both the CPU and GPU to work intensively. My power adapter is 120W if you need to know and my CPU TDP is 35W. Wondering if you could help me  Shy
Rizki77, did you find any solution?

I did a similar mistake. I changed the memory clock to 800mhz. Then I couldn't boot as well. Removing CMOS battery didn't work.

Perhaps I by mistake damaged the motherboard when I removed the battery.

It's fun until it's not fun anymore Sad
Im so sorry for what happen to you. I think it will be a lesson for us Big Grin . After im searching all possible way to recover it, finally im giving up.

I brought my laptop to repair center and they reflashing the bios chip with some external tool (i forget the name) And its normal again now. and if you want to know, it cost about 40 bucks.
Oh yeah. I won't be modifying my laptop anymore in the future.
It's interesting though, as it seems that the bios doesn't reset when removing CMOS battery. Anyone got a clue why?

I will probably need to let my local guy look at it. Otherwise I guess a motherboard replacement is my last chance. A new motherboard costs ~200 usd on Ebay
Pages: 1 2