Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Nitro 5 Spin NP515-51-80XS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nitro 5 spin np515-51-80xs has a lot of options are grayed out im quite new but I'm assuming I need it unlocked and what not? please and thank you. I've read a lot of people with locked bios end up bricking there system attempting dual booting os's so that's another thing I want to avoid as well.
(07-23-2018, 11:22 PM)SuicideSin Wrote: [ -> ]nitro 5 spin np515-51-80xs has a lot of options are grayed out im quite new but I'm assuming I need it unlocked and what not? please and thank you. I've read a lot of people with locked bios end up bricking there system attempting dual booting os's so that's another thing I want to avoid as well.
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
(07-24-2018, 04:39 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2018, 11:22 PM)SuicideSin Wrote: [ -> ]nitro 5 spin np515-51-80xs has a lot of options are grayed out im quite new but I'm assuming I need it unlocked and what not? please and thank you. I've read a lot of people with locked bios end up bricking there system attempting dual booting os's so that's another thing I want to avoid as well.
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only

THanks for reply, I'll be picking one up today in a couple hours. I'm diving in head first x haD Do you have any specific or particular model if any? Also is there any kind of how too for the use of both Items?
(07-24-2018, 08:12 AM)SuicideSin Wrote: [ -> ]THanks for reply, I'll be picking one up today in a couple hours. I'm diving in head first x haD Do you have any specific or particular model if any? Also is there any kind of how too for the use of both Items?
You have already received an answer
(07-24-2018, 08:58 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2018, 08:12 AM)SuicideSin Wrote: [ -> ]THanks for reply, I'll be picking one up today in a couple hours. I'm diving in head first x haD Do you have any specific or particular model if any? Also is there any kind of how too for the use of both Items?
You have already received an answer

Hey man, were you able to mod your BIOS? I know it's a 2yo thread, but still wanted to ask.