Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba Satellite L750 bios cpu recognition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

My Toshiba Satellite L750 PSK2YA-04P028 has the i5-2410M Sandy Bridge processor in it. I have upgraded it using a i7-3540M but now the laptop won't boot.

I used this cpu rather than the i7-2640M which is also a Sandy Bridge as it was a stage up still using the same socket even though it's an Ivy Bridge.

Is there any way using a modded bios that this can be rectified, fingers crossed.

I have also installed 8GB of ram.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Hi Guys,

I took a chance and it didn't work but is there such a thing as a bios mod to recognize an ivy bridge processor instead of a sandy bridge processor.
The original cpu was the intel i5-2410M I replaced it with the i7-3540M but it doesn't work, I suppose I could put a i7-2640M in instead but wanted to verify via you knowledgeable people if there was a solution.
Cheers in anticipation-fingers crossed
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
(09-07-2018, 09:47 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.

Thanks DeathBringer i'll get onto that. cheers
(09-07-2018, 09:47 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.

Hi DeathBringer Please find screenshots as you requested hope it helps.
Your laptop is based on HM65 without support for Ivy Bridge core.
So you can't use your i7-3540M.
(09-08-2018, 06:55 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Your laptop is based on HM65 without support for Ivy Bridge core.
So you can't use your i7-3540M.

Ah ok DeathBringer so it's not the bios it's the chipset didn't do my homework as it supports various i7 35's  and 36's but not the 3540m.
Would there be much to gain from replacing the i5-2410m with the i7-2640m.
Also looking at the i7-2760QM or the i7-2860QM what are your thoughts on these processors for the HM65