Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Packard Bell TJ75 - i7 920XM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I want to know: "Does i7 920XM work with my pc?".  I have already installed Packard Bell TJ75 BIOS_1.26 MOD:   

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-P...9#pid26039

How can I use this cpu?
Yes, microcode in BIOS for your CPU 106E5 Rev 13 dated 7/23/2009
(08-31-2018, 12:43 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, microcode in BIOS for your CPU 106E5 Rev 13 dated 7/23/2009

Thanks for the answer. So I don't need to bios update. Am I right? Just change the processors and bios will be recognized i7 920XM?
Blackwolf
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
You said you already updated BIOS, to one you linked correct (1.26 MOD)? If yes, then no need to update BIOS again, you already did, and that version I checked, it's compatible with the CPU you mentioned.
(08-31-2018, 08:28 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Blackwolf
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

Here you go.

(08-31-2018, 12:26 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]You said you already updated BIOS, to one you linked correct (1.26 MOD)?  If yes, then no need to update BIOS again, you already did, and that version I checked, it's compatible with the CPU you mentioned.
Yeap, I already updated BIOS. Thank you.
Show a screenshot of Device Manager with expanded node Display Adapters
(09-01-2018, 09:10 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Show a screenshot of Device Manager with expanded node Display Adapters
I think that CPU with Clarksfield will overheat this laptop.
To check it you need to stress current GPU and CPU simultaneously: run Furmark & LinX (with idle process priority).
Make screenshot of HWMonitor when GPU & CPU temperatures will stop rising.
(09-02-2018, 03:47 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I think that CPU with Clarksfield will overheat this laptop.
To check it you need to stress current GPU and CPU simultaneously: run Furmark & LinX (with idle process priority).
Make screenshot of HWMonitor when GPU & CPU temperatures will stop rising.

Note: I disabled turbo mode.
Pages: 1 2