Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Memory unlock/remap for 945GM chipset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I left only one SODIMM and then flashed patched BIOS. Laptop started and BIOS reported 2040MB, Windows reported 1.99GB. Then I put back second SODIMM and BIOS now reported 3320MB, Windows 3.24GB. So, it looks like patch worked and Your calculations were right. 

Then I did try to test live linux x64 distro from USB but it failed to load. I've got a boot screen and menu but it hang and not fully load. I tried another USB live system (with Windows PE) and same problem, start booting and fail to fully load. So what I did is flash back previous BIOS (unpatched), test USB live distros and they work again. So is this a downside of a patch?
Try to flash my new mod (3192 MB).
Ok, now it sees 3192MB in BIOS and 3.11GB in Windows.

Still problems with live distros.

Backup:

[attachment=14973]

Something is wrong becouse I guess hashes should be same and they are different...
So last mod is useless.
Thanx for help but if even going to 3192M didn't help so there is no point of lowering the bar becouse it is close to what I already have. Sorry You wasted time. At least now I know the limit is gonna stay.
I can try to find the reason. But I need new screenshot "Memory from Device Manager" with 2x2GB & original BIOS & Windows USB live system.
Have CD/DVD live systems the same boot problem with modded BIOS?
The posted before screenshots were made with original BIOS (222 from link on first post), this was first BIOS I've put in onto this laptop (factory was 215 but I never even downloaded it). The USB Windows live system is Macrium Reflect Rescue Media. It's created on machine You intend to use it, so it have all drivers from that laptop already embedded in Windows PE environment. And it works on BIOS from first post. Same as linux distros I tried. On patched BIOS they all hang after I choose Start from boot menu. They simply won't load.

But it's fine, I used it with 2GB so I can live with almost 3. Wink Thanx for Your efforts.
Pages: 1 2