Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Sony Vaio VGN-FS660W Slic 2.1 help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Normally I do my own BIOS mods, this one is really difficult though and I have no idea how to do it. Reading up on it sounds like I need to unpack the installer by grabbing it from its temp directory (7zip won't do it because it needs to be decompiled not uncompressed), and then since Sony signs its BIOS somehow RWeverything helps with the identifiers? Anyway if someone could help me figure out how to do it myself (preferable), or do it for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Attached are the BIOS and RWE report.

[attachment=14975]

[attachment=14974]

Update:
Hey guys, I posted this request on another forum and someone suggested I use Uniextract to get at the EXE so I could properly uncompress it. I did this and successfully updated the BIOS to SLIC 2.1. I have included a .ZIP of the Modded BIOS for anyone else who ever might need it. The Winflash utility needs to be run as an administrator, and it looks for "BIOS.WPH" by default but if you browse and choose "R0044J1_SLIC.wph" from the flash directory it will proceed normally and flash the modified BIOS, SLIC Toolkit found 2.1 tables and Windows activated. Happy BIOS flashing!

[attachment=15005]