Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Dell Optiplex 790: Ivy Bridge Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Is it possible to get 3rd gen to work with this motherboard at all?
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
(09-10-2018, 08:31 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

Hi, since the OP doesn't respond and i have the same silly thought about upgrading an old office rig here are the screenshots.

Back in the day, Intel stated that business chipsets like the Q65 Express are "not tested / supported" for Ivy, maybe a bios mod is possible...?
Hope to hear back...

[EDIT]
Yeah messed up the screenshots... Wink
CPUs with Ivy Bridge core aren't supported by Q65 chipset.
Hi Deathbringer, thanks for your reply.
I just settled on an 2500k as upgrade. Runs fine but can't get the multiplier unlocked. Tried every Tool thats been around for the last ten years.
You have any advice or is it just impossible to oc with Q65?
Show screenshots of ThrottleStop (main window & TRL).
(12-05-2018, 12:02 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Show screenshots of ThrottleStop (main window & TRL).

Here they are! Thanks in advance Smile
Try to change multiplier by ThrottleStop (on main window).
(12-05-2018, 01:31 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to change multiplier by ThrottleStop (on main window).

Tried, doesn't go further than 37. Also doesn't apply the multi (37 is max for one core load)
Hey DeathBringer, does the Optiplex 790 SFF support Ivy Bridge? Motherboard is Q65 chipset and current CPU is i5 2500.
Pages: 1 2