Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: SMBIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I build a lot of computers for various clients and noticed when i run wmic basboard in command prompt i receive default string under SerialNumber. I was wondering if there is a way to where i can modify a bios file to replace default string with an actual custom serial number we create. The system board is a Gigabyte h110m rev 1.0 and bios manufacturer is AMI. I currently have a dos tool gigabyte supplied me with but was wondering if there is one for windows to where i can modify the bios latest bios file.
Yes, there is windows GUI based tool, AMIBCP 5.02.0023 - if you cannot find in google let me know and I'll send you copy
(09-13-2018, 01:21 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is windows GUI based tool, AMIBCP 5.02.0023 - if you cannot find in google let me know and I'll send you copy

I actually found an alternative, Took a while to find but DMIEdit works perfectly for adding asset tag, chasis info, and baseboard serial number.
Sorry, yes that would work too, I didn't think to mention because most would want AMIBCP too so they could edit BIOS options at same time.