Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer - Nitro 5, NP515-51-56DL BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, so I was wondering if anyone has been able to make a modded bios for this laptop, It's a Insyde bios, and the supervisor password was lost, so I can't access the bios, I looked online for how to modify the bios installer platform.ini, and it kept erroring with a unknown method when launched, any ideas? I can't open it since it's in warrenty, but they will charge me for resetting the bios.
Any help?
(09-21-2018, 11:33 AM)Waterspark63 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, so I was wondering if anyone has been able to make a modded bios for this laptop, It's a Insyde bios, and the supervisor password was lost, so I can't access the bios, I looked online for how to modify the bios installer platform.ini, and it kept erroring with a unknown method when launched, any ideas? I can't open it since it's in warrenty, but they will charge me for resetting the bios.
Any help?
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
(09-21-2018, 11:58 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2018, 11:33 AM)Waterspark63 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, so I was wondering if anyone has been able to make a modded bios for this laptop, It's a Insyde bios, and the supervisor password was lost, so I can't access the bios, I looked online for how to modify the bios installer platform.ini, and it kept erroring with a unknown method when launched, any ideas? I can't open it since it's in warrenty, but they will charge me for resetting the bios.
Any help?
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only

I don't think I can use that while it's in warrenty...