Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP Pavilion g4-1012tx [UNLOCK ADVANCED OPTIONS]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I've just ordered an arduinu mega so I'll use it instead of my parallel port flasher.
Here is the output of the descriptor.
Code:
C:\Users\Aiden\Desktop\Intel ME System Tools v6 IBX r2\Flash Programming Tool\Windows>fptw -desc -d fd.bin

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version: 6.0.40.1214
Copyright (c) 2007-2010, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel(R) HM55 Express Chipset Revision: B2
Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
       W25Q32BV        ID:0xEF4016     Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)

- Reading Flash [0x001000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
Writing flash contents to file "fd.bin"...

Memory Dump Complete
FPT Operation Passed
Find the file attached.
There isn't much I can do to modify the laptops bios for now. I'll have to wait for the arduino to arrive if I'm to write anything or make a full dump.
In the meantime let me try fixing my programmer. I hope my parrallel port still works since I don't get why it doesn't respond. I used some leds which were good indicators of what was going on even without a chip attached. But now they don't indicate anything.
Did you do the pinmod?  If yes, you should be able to write this back to the FD
FPTw -desc -f fd.bin

https://nofile.io/f/7tZHVSUEMnT/descm.zip

If you did the pinmod, and can get that flashed back in, no need for any other tools, it will all be unlocked and you will be able to make a full dump I can edit it, then you can flash it back.

If not, hopefully you can get your programmer working
I've just fixed my homebrew flasher. Turnst out it was just one small wire on the wp pin that had broken.
Phew!! I'm dumping in an hour or so. I hope you will be online then I can close the laptop when you finish modding it so as not to open it twice
And here goes the dump.
If you are done within the next ~8 hours then tommorow I can get to try out the new bios.  Since I'll put it back together after flashing it. Atm I'll keep this tab open waiting for you to complete it.
There you go.
Good you were able to fix your flasher, and it was an easy fix!

Plan on leaving the laptop open, if you can. I say that because remember I mentioned it may take a few/several attempt to get BIOS to where you want it. First mod may not enable anything, it's a process we'll need to go through, since I can't make changes and immediately test on my end, and I have not previously worked on this boards BIOS.

So, please test this, then let me know if Advanced is not visible, and if any settings are shown in there or not
And, I forgot to ask earlier, please also provide an image of your current BIOS (or after program, either OK) so I can see all visible tabs/sections, in case another mod method is required.

When writing to BIOS, make sure you erase, then check it's blank, then write/verify
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xjg6j4
So after flashing this I suppose it will be possible to use fpt instead of the programmer due to unlocked fd ?
Sorry!!! I forgot! Please unlock your FD, or tell me you can't and I will do for you before you flash. Unlock is at line 60 in hex, like you see here at section "B" spoiler #2 in first image
https://www.win-raid.com/t3553f39-Guide-...icing.html

Never mind, I looked back, PRR is the issue here not locked FD. Your FD is already unlocked for read/write to the BIOS region, only NO write on ME/FD regions.

Sometimes I can remove the PRR lock, but only if I can find it, let me dig around Sad Don't have high hopes though, but will try Sad
well it didn't work. Can you unlock it for me ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5