Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Gateway ne56r34u CPU support mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in need of a mod to support an I7-640M. I had bought the CPU thinking the laptop I was putting it in supported that CPU, but I guess I was wrong. I know the chipset (HM55) will accept that CPU, so the BIOS is blocking it. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

The make and model of Laptop : Gateway ne56r34u
Here is the link to the download page : http://www.gateway.com/gw/en/AU/content/...-downloads
CPU support needed : I7-640M

Thank you for your help.
I need a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Tell sSpec of your i7-640M. Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with it.
(10-08-2018, 11:58 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I need a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Tell sSpec of your i7-640M. Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with it.

With the I7-640M installed, the laptop does absolutely nothing. No beeps or error codes.

The sSpec number is SLBTN.
(10-08-2018, 11:58 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I need a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.

I feel stupid, but after looking further at it, that CPU is wrong. Oh well, sorry for wasting your time.
Your laptop is based on HM70 chipset and Socket G2. It support only Celeron and Pentium with Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge cores.