Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Xeon Phi 7120P and Asus Strix z370-e problem (Not showing up in BIOS?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

First of all, I am new to this forum, and I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

I've been looking for a solution to my problem, and someone said that you guys might be able to help me.

I bought a Xeon Phi 7120P Coprocessor recently to use with my computer. Since my motherboard (Asus STRIX Z-370-e w/ 8700k) supports above 4G decoding, and similar chipsets have been able to run Xeon Phi Coprocessors (z170, h270m, z390), I assumed that the Xeon Phi would work with my system. However, no matter what I have tried, the BIOS nor any OS seems to see the Coprocessor as installed in my system. The motherboard registers the slot as filled, and brings my main GPU down to pci-e x8, but says that there is nothing installed into the 2nd PCI-E slot. I've also tried it as the only PCI-E card and used dedicated graphics, but to no avail.

I assume that this is a BIOS problem, due to the fact that the motherboard is detecting the card, and the card is powering on, it's just that nothing is showing up in the BIOS or OS.

Any help from anyone that might know what's going on, why it isn't working, or what direction I should go in to continue trying to solve my problem is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks