Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Please help with asus black screen (no logo, no bios)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
On second image, is that all the way back into middle set of 4/4 slots? If yes, all looks good, probably just not perfect connection to BIOS.
You can remove the green PCB from the end of the cable side going into programmer if you want, unless it's soldered, otherwise that's just loose connection there for no reason (once you have cables in correctly, this isn't needed for anything really when not soldered)
This is good?

[Image: atq4wg.png]
Yes, that's correct, cable goes to red square, red wire into corner nearest the lever. You can use that adapter above programmer in your image if you want, it looks soldered, or is it not? Pins alone like you have in image is fine too as long as cables all go to correct places.

I did not download that file, is it same one you already sent, or a new one? Uncompressed does not matter, I unzipped the original anyway, it's all zeros, so compresses into nothing Big Grin
Okay.

New update SmileSmileSmile

I'm checking (verify) the file now.

[Image: 6iybnb.png]

[Image: xfda40.png]
Hey, that looks promising!

No, sorry, Win key can be best extracted in windows using RWEverything, that is easiest way I know. I can grab the modules, but not decipher them from the BIOS directly, and there is several files too and I'm not sure how many or if all are needed. Windows will still activate, you just may have to type your key in again from the sticker. When I fix BIOS, I will leave in place though, so may be fine without having to reactivate.

File looks good, but your MAC Address is lost Sad Unless it's just not in normal place, stored in NVRAM instead maybe

I will check this over more today and get back to you later with a BIOS to try for recovery. You can now relax a little bit Big Grin
OK.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgwDagd438BNFKI3OZMnm...kM8PdzX98s]

Quote:I will check this over more today and get back to you later with a BIOS to try for recovery. You can now relax a little bit Big Grin
Yes, some systems (Even with same BIOS rom) or different BIOS roms need to use different versions of the software, that's why I pass around that package with many versions.
I was looking back at this original issue, all you did was change a BIOS setting and save and exit, nothing else? You didn't update BIOS right before or right then did you? Or update ME (I see it's latest version)?

If that was all you did, save a setting, then we can do quick test, removing all NVRAM, then if it boots for you we can put back later little at a time until we find the problem area.

* Edit - hey, see if you can find your MAC Address from this system on the PCB, inner casing, or on the LAN port/area, while you have it open.
Also, see if you can find it in your router logs! This way I can see if I can find it in the BIOS or not.
(11-09-2018, 06:26 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking back at this original issue, all you did was change a BIOS setting and save and exit, nothing else?

Yes.

Quote:You didn't update BIOS right before or right then did you?

I have not updated the BIOS

Quote:Or update ME (I see it's latest version)?

I installed the ME (Management Engine Interface) with the installation of windows 10 on the new SSD hard drive.

The video accelerators were updated with an installed program (map and guide). (I'm not sure)

Quote:If that was all you did, save a setting, then we can do quick test, removing all NVRAM, then if it boots for you we can put back later little at a time until we find the problem area.

Okay.

Following the steps of the post #32? (at the end)

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-P...#pid146144

Quote:* Edit - hey, see if you can find your MAC Address from this system on the PCB, inner casing, or on the LAN port/area, while you have it open.  
Also, see if you can find it in your router logs!  This way I can see if I can find it in the BIOS or not.
Thanks for finding the MAC, I had already pulled out that module to save board specific info just in case too so we're good then!

I've compared your BIOS, and byte for byte it is correct and same as stock BIOS, except for NVRAM variables (Some entries in the NVRAM table), which was to be expected since stock BIOS only contains defaults but no entries from board being used or started etc.

Some of Windows activation is contained in there, and it will take me some time to remove one by one via hex leaving all that I think may be connected to windows activation and the standard defaults, trying to remove all other entries which should fix whatever setting change you made in BIOS that failed to save properly causing the non-boot after you saved and rebooted. This will take me some time, please be patient as I work through this.

When you asked about "Step #32 at the end" yes, that will be how we write back BIOS once I have one ready. Do not write BIOS from Asus download using that, Asus download is incomplete BIOS.

X55JX? Sorry, I didn't remember we discussed two systems here, did we? I know you posted BIOS grabs with CH341A above, but I didn't realize you were doing that for a reason, I thought just testing your programmer on another system Smile How did this system die? Please confirm it's MAC ID is >> 9c 5c 8e 25 9f e3 We'll work on it after we get the first one sorted out. This one sounds more like BIOS corrupted and possible ME corrupted as well due to the symptoms you mention.
Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for finding the MAC, I had already pulled out that module to save board specific info just in case too so we're good then!

Cool Cool

Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]I've compared your BIOS, and byte for byte it is correct and same as stock BIOS, except for NVRAM variables (Some entries in the NVRAM table), which was to be expected since stock BIOS only contains defaults but no entries from board being used or started etc.

Okay.

Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]Some of Windows activation is contained in there, and it will take me some time to remove one by one via hex leaving all that I think may be connected to windows activation and the standard defaults, trying to remove all other entries which should fix whatever setting change you made in BIOS that failed to save properly causing the non-boot after you saved and rebooted.  This will take me some time, please be patient as I work through this.

I agree, but if possible you must keep the windows key for a new installation.

Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]When you asked about "Step #32 at the end" yes, that will be how we write back BIOS once I have one ready.  Do not write BIOS from Asus download using that, Asus download is incomplete BIOS.

Okay.

Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]X55JX?  Sorry, I didn't remember we discussed two systems here, did we?

It is true. Sorry, my mistake for mixing the motherboards. Dodgy I think I'm going to open a new thread for this motherboard.

Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]How did this system die?

I do not know. I have 3 motherboard, 2 faulty and 1 without problems.

First faulty motherboard: It's my original motherboard.
Second faulty motherboard (x550JX): I bought it for my laptop. The seller told me that only the card reader has broken down (I think it is a lie). He does not return the money.
Functionally motherboard: It's from a friend of mine. I have it to save the bios file.

Now I see that my life is very complicated Smile Smile Smile

Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]Please confirm it's MAC ID is >> 9c 5c 8e 25 9f e3

Bingo... Wink Wink Wink , It is true.

Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]We'll work on it after we get the first one sorted out.  This one sounds more like BIOS corrupted and possible ME corrupted as well due to the symptoms you mention.

OK. no problem.

LE:

If it help for you:

The hardware configuration is the same with the described in the first post, only the laptop model is different and the windows OEM is not installed. Theoretically the windows key serial is not present on the bios (I suppose).

CPU Intel i5-4200H, nVidia GTX 850 2048MB DDR3, Intel® HD Graphics 4600

[Image: 15eip3q.png]

[Image: 2r2qkiq.png]

[Image: zu5awm.png]

Tested with  external monitor and work fine but the OS serial key is not present.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11