Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Thinkpad X1 Extreme possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wondering if it's possible to mod the new ThinkPad X1 Extreme BIOS to unlock the advanced options menu?
(10-26-2018, 04:46 PM)geokoder Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering if it's possible to mod the new ThinkPad X1 Extreme BIOS to unlock the advanced options menu?
Hi
This bios is locked for modification.
These people in Romania claim that they can unlock password-locked bioses of very recent Thinkpads (for $65). Wander whether whatever method they devised could be used to unlock the Advanced tab...
https://allservice.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3044
I can unlock it on modern devices.
(03-30-2019, 06:19 AM)KONNEX Wrote: [ -> ]I can unlock it on modern devices.
Hi
Need your bios dump
use SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip and make bios dump
I wasn't asking for help.
(03-30-2019, 06:36 AM)KONNEX Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't asking for help.
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading posts on the subject for a while now.
I have the same laptop (Thinkpad X1 Extreme gen1) and I would like to unlock the voltage control of the cpu (i7 8750h) so to be able to undervolt it again. Unfortunately the bios is write protected and the rollback is locked as well. I have an external usb programmer and I played with UEFI Tool quite a bit without great results (the laptop never booted, so I was forced to flash the original bios back).  If anyone could help, I would be very grateful! (I have attached the bios image)
(01-15-2022, 02:56 PM)fsan55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2019, 06:36 AM)KONNEX Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't asking for help.
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading posts on the subject for a while now.
I have the same laptop (Thinkpad X1 Extreme gen1) and I would like to unlock the voltage control of the cpu (i7 8750h) so to be able to undervolt it again. Unfortunately the bios is write protected and the rollback is locked as well. I have an external usb programmer and I played with UEFI Tool quite a bit without great results (the laptop never booted, so I was forced to flash the original bios back).  If anyone could help, I would be very grateful! (I have attached the bios image)
Hi
Your mod completed. Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!