Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: 775i65gv - Pentium Extreme Edition 955 bios mod request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
your mean is connecting two points on the processor surface? is right?

by decreasing fsb , Will the processor be detected by the motherboard ? not Need to edit BIOS?
(11-17-2018, 05:33 AM)shahbai Wrote: [ -> ]your mean is connecting two points on the processor surface? is right?
Yes.
(11-17-2018, 05:33 AM)shahbai Wrote: [ -> ]by decreasing fsb , Will the processor be detected by the motherboard ? not Need to edit BIOS?
Should be detected, but with low speed - 2600 Mhz.
Hello,
I also have this board and i can tell you my experience. I am running 775i65GV with a Pentium D 960 3.6GHz. I can overclock the FSB to 225MHz, so the CPU is running at 4.05GHz. It is a good idea to use a Pentium Extreme because it has Hyper-Threading enabled and this makes the OS more responsive. But the D 955 has a multi of 13 so it is difficult to reach high clock speeds. With FSB200 you get 2.6GHz and with FSB225 nearly 3GHz.
I think Intel has done a bad job of disabling HT on the Pentium Ds. But maybe there is a way out. I haven't tried this out, but i will as soon as possible. You can get a Xeon 5050 (it's cheap and it is like a Pentium D but with HT enabled) and do the 771 mod. Then you can insert it in your board. With FSB166 you reach 3 GHz and with FSB200 3.6GHz. With overclocking FSB225 you have 4GHz.
Pages: 1 2