Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Asspire E5-473G Corrupted BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an Acer E5-473G which has power but no display. The local tech told me that the problem is corrupted BIOS. I downloaded the latest available official BIOS from the Acer Website, and managed to extract 'isflash.bin' file. I read that it needs to be in *.FD file extension with the correct file name. My first question is, how can I know the right FD file name using the PhoenixTool? Second question is that, after generating the *.FD file, should I copy it to FAT32 formatted USB Drive, and hold Fn + ESC. Am I in the right track?
(11-25-2018, 06:06 PM)ScyberMhaster Wrote: [ -> ]I have an Acer E5-473G which has power but no display. The local tech told me that the problem is corrupted BIOS. I downloaded the latest available official BIOS from the Acer Website, and managed to extract 'isflash.bin' file. I read that it needs to be in *.FD file extension with the correct file name. My first question is, how can I know the right FD file name using the PhoenixTool? Second question is that, after generating the *.FD file, should I copy it to FAT32 formatted USB Drive, and hold Fn + ESC. Am I in the right track?
Hi
rename to A4WABX64.fd
Dudu2002
(11-25-2018, 06:06 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
rename to A4WABX64.fd
Hello, my BIOS .exe is named A4WAB103.exe, should I copy this and use this instead to rename the isflash.bin?