Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ECS H61H2-M2 V1.0 BIOS troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have an ECS H61H2-M2 V1.0 and an i5-3570. I want to put the i5 in the board, but its BIOS isn't updated to support Ivy yet. I have an i3-2120 that I'm using right now to attempt to update the BIOS, but I can't get anything to work. I've tried both versions available on their site, in both Windows and FreeDOS (Using AFUWIN/AFUDOS), and I've even tried older versions and an ES version of the tool that I found on this forum. None have worked. After some googling I found a thread with this, which implies I need to update the board as kind of a bridge between BIOS versions. But when I run this program, I get the message "Fail to upgrade. Please check if ME_UNLOCK is shorted." It shows up whether ME_UNLOCK is shorted or not.

I'm lost for ideas at this point. I could just manually flash it but I'd need a tool for that and there are none sold locally so I'd need to order and wait weeks. Does anyone know what the problem here is?