Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: How to make a backup of my Dell Latitude E6400's current existing BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there.

Before anything let me say you seem to be an awesome community. Smile I just love the people who dig into hardware complications.

However I'm not really talented in these kind of things. So I want some help about something really basic:

How can one make a backup/copy of ones own existing BIOS .rom file( or .bin file if there's a difference)?

I tried a lot of different softwares  -many of which downloaded from this very website- but to no avail.

I tried almost all available versions of "WinPhlash(Phoenix' WinFlash)", a software called "Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit", Dell's own BIOS flash utility(I tried to find a command prompt switch for making a backup of my BIOS) and a bunch of other utilities even some old ones like "CBROM". But still can't manage to get any of them to work.

Anyway I'm on a Dell Latitude E6400. A 2008 released laptop with a seemingly custom phoenix BIOS.

Anyone who finds a solution to this will be a great help to me.

By the way I'm new here so I might be posted my thread in the wrong forum. Feel free to move the thread in the proper section if here's not the right one.

Thanks in advance.