Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad E485 (R0UET66W [1.46]) BIOS Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone!

Looking to unlock/mod the BIOS of the new ThinkPad E485 (AMD Ryzen + Vega).
I have reasons to believe that Lenovo locked the CPU/GPU package at 12W, seriously gimping its performance. 

Willing to donate $$$ as well as spend time retrieving the BIOS, tweaking & testing. 

Thanks!
Aiki
(12-17-2018, 09:07 PM)Aikimoxus Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Everyone!

I have reasons to believe that Lenovo locked the CPU/GPU package at 12W, seriously gimping its performance. 

Willing to donate $$$ as well as spend time retrieving the BIOS, tweaking & testing. 

Thanks!
Aiki
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected...you need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip
but this is not the main problem...most likely, your bios has a digital signature...ie locked for modification
(12-18-2018, 02:36 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2018, 09:07 PM)Aikimoxus Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Everyone!

Thanks!
Aiki
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected...you need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip
but this is not the main problem...most likely, your bios has a digital signature...ie locked for modification

How can we verify if there's a digital signature lock? Should I get an SPI-programmer+SOIC8 and follow the guide to read the bios first?
I can help you, Dudu can't.
send me a PM.
how did you end up going with this