Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asrock x470 Master SLI/AC bricked after BIOS update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes, if BIOS isn't at least working to some degree then speaker isn't going to beep usually, sounds like you need a better programmer, CH341A is good and cheap.

Be careful shorting those pins, you may short the board and break it (maybe already, meaning maybe this is why other doesn't work now) and break it).

Ohh! So CPU and memory put into new board also doesn't work? If yes, then only way to figure out what's going on is get another CPU, find cheapest model on ebay used and then you can see if it's your old CPU is dead. I'd start with that, since unlikely both your memory is bad at same time. Unless maybe PSU, try another PSU too if you can grab one from another system for quick test.
(01-21-2019, 03:01 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, if BIOS isn't at least working to some degree then speaker isn't going to beep usually, sounds like you need a better programmer, CH341A is good and cheap.

Be careful shorting those pins, you may short the board and break it (maybe already, meaning maybe this is why other doesn't work now) and break it).

Ohh!  So CPU and memory put into new board also doesn't work?  If yes, then only way to figure out what's going on is get another CPU, find cheapest model on ebay used and then you can see if it's your old CPU is dead.  I'd start with that, since unlikely both your memory is bad at same time.  Unless maybe PSU, try another PSU too if you can grab one from another system for quick test.

Okay, I'll test the PSU and CPU. The CH341A is something I was considering, but I like that with the flashcat, I can use cables to connect to a clip, thus avoiding the need to unsolder the BIOS chip. Is there any such programmer you'd recommend? Thank you
CH341A you can use cables too, likely same set of cables you are using with flashcat, if not when you order CH341A also get a set of SOIC8 test clip cables. Cheapest of both on ebay works fine for everyone I know Smile If you need links let me know.
Pages: 1 2 3 4