Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Help with CPU Upgrade on laptop SVE1513B1EW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys after some resarch i decided to upgrade my SVE1513B1EW from a Celeron 2020M to i5 3230M.
I think i was stupid that i went for a generation higher than the laptops original cpu.
Anyway after the CPU upgrade now the laptop says "No operating system found" and on BIOS it says "ME Version: Uknown". I can't save any settings or boot from live USB...
I was thinking about flashing the SVE151-G17M bios but this model has a radeon in it (other than that it looks identical).
Any suggestions / mods ? Thanks
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
(01-21-2019, 11:41 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.

I can do that , but the laptop doesn't boot ATM with an error "No operating system found".
I will swap the cpu back on the original and try to post what you asked

the specifications are available here https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/suppo...ifications
I've read elsewhere that this specific chipset (HM70) will randombly reboot ? Even if i make it work ?
Chipset HM70 supports only Celeron & Pentium.
(01-21-2019, 12:02 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Chipset HM70 supports only Celeron & Pentium.

Sony sve1712p1e has HM70 and i5 3210m but also a radeon graphics card
(01-21-2019, 01:20 PM)Spyros Wrote: [ -> ]Sony sve1712p1e has HM70 and i5 3210m
You are wrong.
BTW: No screenshots - no help
(01-21-2019, 01:31 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2019, 01:20 PM)Spyros Wrote: [ -> ]Sony sve1712p1e has HM70 and i5 3210m
You are wrong.
BTW: No screenshots - no help

Im not wrong see for yourself
https://www.sony.gr/electronics/support/...ifications
but you need a translator its in italian or something.
I will provide you with screenshots soon im currently at work.
Anyway that's the reason i think if i flash a bios from another mobo it may work