Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Xeon Microcode support for Pegatron IPMTB-TK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Iam already flash with your mod, but the result its still the same, still cant display and wont boot, please help me broo
Make current BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.
Hi all. Sorry to re-open an ancient thread. Did any of you have success with this? I have the same motherboard with a Xeon x5650 processor and it won't work. Does anyone have experience successfully flashing the BIOS to support X58 Xeons?
tastemyrainbow
Did you tried to flash my mod?
No, I haven't yet. I don't have any other X58 CPUs in order to boot up the board and flash the mod. Was wondering if anyone done it successfully so that I could know whether it would be worth ordering an i7-920 from Ebay in order to flash it. 

EDIT: I said [censored] it and ordered the $10 i7-920 from Ebay. Will let you know how it goes.
(02-22-2021, 11:07 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]tastemyrainbow
Did you tried to flash my mod?
Have you a hardware programmer?
BTW: I've found official BIOS 6.16 with updated microcode - http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56001-56500/sp56367.exe
Thanks for finding that newer BIOS! I'm not sure what you mean by "hardware programmer". Do you have any more information? is that a piece of hardware I need?
(02-23-2021, 07:48 PM)tastemyrainbow Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what you mean by "hardware programmer".
I mean CH341A or TL866
No I don't have one. Would it be helpful if I did? I can order that CH341A right now.

EDIT: I don't think this motherboard has a socketed BIOS chip, so not sure how I'd use the hardware programmer.
Also I think these BIOSes are locked and don't have overclocking support. Even if I got it working with an unlocked Xeon (X5650) do you think I'd be able to overclock with your BIOS mod?
Pages: 1 2 3