Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer M3970 / AMI support for 3rd Gen Ivy Bridge i7-3770
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I think this is what I need to read a lone chip... I'll get another chip ordered and order this thing. Once I'm able to detach the original chip I'll get it read on this unit and get back to you. The original chip seems to be fine as I assembled everything back last night as I had to get the system up and running again so I didn't destroy the chip luckily. If this gets done I'll flash to a new chip and solder back to the mobo.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/...L1001_.jpg

I appreciate your help so far on this. I will come back
Got the chip desoldered off the board. Read again, definitely has some differences between the first file I sent, hopefully this one is not corrupt.

https://dropfile.nl/get/07C
Try to flash my mod by your hardware programmer.
At first test it with old CPU, then with new one.
(02-26-2019, 04:12 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to flash my mod by your hardware programmer.
At first test it with old CPU, then with new one.

Got into BIOS fine with the original i3-2100 & i7-3770.  Version reports P03-A3. No beep codes or black screens, it just works!  Thanks a ton!
Can you boot in Windows with your i7-3770?
(02-26-2019, 11:19 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Can you boot in Windows with your i7-3770?

It boots into windows fine.  Just tested with a fresh install.  However, now whenever a GPU is attached it will not boot.  Stays on the "ACER" boot screen for a while, beeps once every 20 seconds or so, then goes to a black screen with a "_" flashing.  When I remove the GPU it boots to windows w/o any issues.  Same GPU used before the modded bios which on stock i3, booted into windows fine.
What's your GPU? Did you tried to boot with old i3 & this GPU?
(03-08-2019, 04:02 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]What's your GPU? Did you tried to boot with old i3 & this GPU?

GTX970.  Yes, I literally just desoldered the modded chip and put the stock one back on to confirm.  It boots with the dGPU with stock bios chip and the i3 installed.  Not a huge deal if this can't be fixed.  Just a spare card I have laying around that I'd like to put to use for a hardware plex transcoder.  Seems odd why that would affect anything but then again I have no idea the inner workings of bios.
I mean with modded BIOS.
(03-08-2019, 04:51 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I mean with modded BIOS.

i3 w/ mod bios is also no go with dGPU
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6