Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Recovery bios acer aspire a515-51g-58vh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning. I have a notebook acer model a515-51g 58vh with bios insideh2o and after a wrong update of bios, it no longer starts. I downloaded the bios file from the manufacturer's website and would like to know how to enter bios recovery mode. I've tried fn + esc and winkey + b and it was not.
I also read that it is necessary to rename the bios file. If so, what name do I put?

72/5000
I am uploading the acer website file if it is needed for anything.

Thank you very much Big Grin
(02-21-2019, 10:22 PM)marcos.analise Wrote: [ -> ]Good Morning. I have a notebook acer model a515-51g 58vh with bios insideh2o and after a wrong update of bios, it no longer starts. I downloaded the bios file from the manufacturer's website and would like to know how to enter bios recovery mode. I've tried fn + esc and winkey + b and it was not.
I also read that it is necessary to rename the bios file. If so, what name do I put?

72/5000
I am uploading the acer website file if it is needed for anything.

Thank you very much Big Grin
Hi
need the bios file from the manufacturer's website
I ended up bricking my acer bios when trying to downgrade to a somewhat old version of bios. I had a black screen and nothing was working.

I tried to recover through the USB pendriver. I tried flashing the USB with the isflash.bin file. I also changed the file name to BIOS.bin, BIOS.fd, C5V01118.fd, C5V01118.bin, isflash.fd and a few others, but with no success.

I opened the bios with UEFItool and located the name as C5V01X64.fd, but it still did not work. I turn on the fn + esc button, the fan turns very fast, but it does not give a signal.

bios link: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles...ER&SC=PA_6