Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Add CPU support to Samsung R540 BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like to make my i5 460M fully supported in Samsung R540. Samsung originally was also mounting i5 450M, which is quite the same as 460M.
I upgraded my old laptop from P6100 to i5 460M.

Computer works, but both Windows and CPU-Z see only 1 core/2threads, so this is only a half of CPU. Is there any chance to add CPU support to motherboard BIOS?

[Image: MIsvOmw.jpg]
[Image: v4F3jQG.jpg]

I attach my BIOS dump
Do Load Defaults in BIOS.
Make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
Run msconfig.exe, go to tab Boot, click BOOT Advanced options button, make a screenshot.
Today I was looking for solution and I found many validations from CPU-Z people who has the same notebook with the same BIOS version.
There are even Core i7, which Samsung hasn't mount to this model. I realized, that it's impossible that so many people has modded BIOS (i found about dozen of validations of Core i5/i7)

The solution is "number of processors" in msconfig. I unchecked "number of processors" field and it worked!
Thank you for your reply, topic may be marked as resolved.