Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Samsung NP900X3C i7 3517U AES-NI enablement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I found this previous thread but they never posted the modified BIOS link for the P11ABK_AES.cap for me to try.

Using this Samsung service I can see I am using the latest firmware P11ABK. (I've attached the extracted file)

I have a very similar model (NP900X3C) and have been able to get into the hidden Intel BIOS menu using the Ctrl + Alt + Shift F4.

I have been able to disable RTC Lock and SMM Lock in the hope that might allow writing a non signed BIOS. (Does prr2 uses this?)

If disabling those locks doesn't help then I also have a hardware programmer but need to un-soider the chip as doing it in place isn't working.

So I'm hoping someone might either have a copy of P11ABK_AES.cap, or can recreate it and knows if disabling the locks actually helps before I go to the next stage of removing the chip.

Many thanks

Dan
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
Make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
(04-04-2019, 02:39 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
Make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0

I'm Linux user can I send you the output of cpuid or /proc/cpuinfo?

(I know how to run DOS/EFI/Windows binaries - I have a recovery console USB key)
Use Windows Live DVD.