Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Upgrade CPU on HP ProLiant ML110 G4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello
I have problems with a xeon x3230 775 processor that is not recognized correctly on hp ml g110 g4.
I attach the original bios. 
cpu id is 6fb.
thanks and a greeting.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
What do you mean by "that is not recognized correctly"?
(04-26-2019, 07:59 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
What do you mean by "that is not recognized correctly"?
I don't have a PC at hand, it's a friend I tried to help at distance...
bios lack of quadcore microcode.
Make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
(04-26-2019, 02:48 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
BIOS hasn't suitable microcode for this CPU but Windows load it.
Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a photo of the screen with results.
(04-27-2019, 02:53 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]BIOS hasn't suitable microcode for this CPU but Windows load it.
Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a photo of the screen with results.
OK. Make new screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
(05-02-2019, 07:56 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]OK. Make new screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
Now suitable microcode for current CPU is injected in BIOS and is loaded by BIOS.
No more mod is needed.
Pages: 1 2