Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: VPCEJ1M1E & I7 2860QM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

Someone can help me to unlock the Bios of my sony vaio vpcej1m1e?
I have bought an I7 2860QM but the bios have block the quadcore feature so i can't use the 8 logical processor, and i have to enable it on bios but i'm not able to mod the bios so i need help from this community.
If someone can help me feel free to contact me about this above here on in PM.
Link of the original Bios:
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/suppo...s/Z0000866
THANKS AND BEST REGARDS
Do Load Defaults in BIOS, save & reboot.
Make and post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
And make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
Run msconfig.exe, go to tab Boot, click BOOT Advanced options button, make a screenshot.
[attachment=16639][attachment=16640][attachment=16641][attachment=16642]
(05-01-2019, 03:19 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Do Load Defaults in BIOS, save & reboot.
Make and post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
And make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
Run msconfig.exe, go to tab Boot, click BOOT Advanced options button, make a screenshot.
Here are the screenshots
The bios now are  load to default settings
Make new screenshot of regedit with Windows Live DVD/USB.
(05-01-2019, 07:52 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Make new screenshot of regedit with Windows Live DVD/USB.
I don't understand what you mean with make screenshit with windows live 
Can you explain me?
1. Boot from Windows Live DVD/USB
2. Run regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
3. Make a screenshot or photo.
Ok i have install it
Ill attach the photo
Windows Live DVD/USB recognizes all cores.
So your problem isn't related to BIOS.
Try to delete all CPUs in Device Manager in installed Windows 10 and reboot.
i have remove all cores on the devices manager but cpuz continue to recognize only 4 threads
So you need to reinstall Windows.
And I repeat - it's not BIOS problem.
Pages: 1 2