Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] HP Pavilion dm4-2000 & dm4-2100 series BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hi everyone
I need help to unlock the Advanced Menu > Video Configuration > IGD - DVMT Pre-Allocated (The option to set memory to graphics card)

But if it makes it easier for you, then you can upload the unlocked whole Advanced Menu or the whole Video Configuration submenu (whichever is easier for you) Smile
And if possible, I'd appreciate if you upload the bios file in .bin

Thanks in advance if you could help Big Grin

Bios Download (sp55454; most recent):
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...28&sw_lang=

Older version (sp53126; stable)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...28&sw_lang=

Screenshot:
[Image: zlvwxd.jpg]
Testing right now, THANKS SO MUCH! Big Grin
If it works fine for you a donation is also welcomed Smile
So I ran the file and on startup, the bios message says: Bios update failed.
No brick though. Strange :/ Tried it over and over, still nothing.
Remove/rename HP_TOOLS partition then try to flash the mod again, and READ THE STICKY THREADS, all is explained there.
Hi Camilo. Turns out I forgot to reboot after deleting HP_TOOLS and now I have bios corruption. Luckily I am still under warranty so HP will fix it for me. I'll update you all in about a week when my laptop comes back repaired.
However I have another question/ After deleting HP_TOOLS and reboot and flashing bios, will my computer brick when HP_TOOLS is installed again? I kind of want the HP_TOOLS partition...
You can fix yourself with an usb pendrive, no need send to hp to repair
Yea I tried that but it didn't work. Thanks for replying. Oh and which options did you unlock?
Where did you get the .BIn and .SIG files you need for the recovery process?

Where did you get all the files needed in the pendrive for the recovery process to work?

Did you label the pendrive HP_TOOLS after formatting it FAT or FAT32?

Was the pendrive 2Gb or less capacity?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10