Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: NVMe boot for Lenovo Carbon X1 3rd Generation (ThinkPad)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I currently looking to try and get the Carbon X1 3rd Gen to boot from an NVMe M.2 drive. I understand that Lenovo didn't add the ability (or turned off the ability) to boot from an NVMe drive into their BIOS revisions and was wondering if there would be a way to mod the existing mod version to allow it, either by injecting the DXE file or turning the setting back 'on'.

The current BIOS version is 1.28 and can be found here. I'm currently using the Clover-boot method via USB to boot to my NVMe drive (Samsung 970 Evo 250GB). Windows, MacOS (as a hackintosh) and Linux see and can use the NVMe drive when they've loaded, it's just the BIOS not playing ball; you get the error message "2103: Detection error on SSD0 (M.2)" on boot.

The BIOS files are in .FLx format, which I believe are a compressed file format?

Can anyone help? I'm sure there's a fair few Carbon X1 3rd Gen users out there after the same thing too! Big Grin

Thanks,

YesiamNovas
Hey YesiamNovas,
Did you ever get the NVMe booting working on your X1C3?

Cheers.
(02-11-2022, 04:26 PM)cheeseandjamsandwich Wrote: [ -> ]Hey YesiamNovas,

Cheers.
Hi
Need your bios dump
(02-11-2022, 04:49 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2022, 04:26 PM)cheeseandjamsandwich Wrote: [ -> ]Hey YesiamNovas,

Cheers.
Hi
Need your bios dump
Check your PM

Hey,
Have you managed to progress with it?