Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Bricked Lenovo Y410P BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi BIOS community Smile,

I have a Lenovo Y410P laptop and I recently made the mistake of trusting (and running) Lenovo's current BIOS update (3.08), which appeared to finish running the flash utility and restart the laptop, but after restarting it does not post. Upon pressing the power key the display never turns on, the power light and keyboard LED's turn on and are illuminated for ~10 seconds before the laptop power cycles and tries again infinitely. 

I tried researching the problem for the past 2 days and have tried creating a FAT16, 1Gb partition on an 8Gb USB-pen drive (the other 7Gb is unpartitioned/unformatted) and loading the Crisis BIOS .bin file ("Yx01.bin"), as per an online guide found here. Using the Fn+R, (or Fn+B) keys I have had no results, unfortunately. It seems the laptop is indifferent to the keys I hold down. I have tried 12 or so different combinations I've seen online but none of them seem to have an effect. The USB drive's activity LED illuminates steadily for a second immediately after power-up, then never again until the next power cycle.  I believe this is just a normal power-up effect however, as the same happens to the LED's on a USB keyboard I tried attaching. Perhaps the USB is not set-up correctly, or the problem goes deeper...

Being thorough.. I've also tried WINCRIS from the linked guide but no amount of compatibility/administrator options could make the program run, I'm hoping to try it again tomorrow on another computer (without Windows 10).

I don't think my skills can take me any further so I'm reaching out to all of you with greater experience who might be able to save my beloved laptop!

Thank you in advance!!

Avery
Hello,

Did you solved the problem? I have the same problem !!!