Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus PRO7BS N73SV: CPU Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Floks,

i need help because i want to install a i7 3840QM and replace the old RAM with PC3L-12800S. The last thing i want to install is a new SSD. Please help me with a modded N73SVAS.306. I have attached the original BIOS. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Svetlana
HM65 chipset doesn't support CPUs with Ivy Bridge. So you can't use i7-3840QM in this laptop.
DDR3L isn't supported too.
(06-09-2019, 12:33 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]HM65 chipset doesn't support CPUs with Ivy Bridge. So you can't use i7-3840QM in this laptop.
DDR3L isn't supported too.

The manufacturer just tells that it doesnt work. The old CPU doesnt supports the DDR3L, just the new CPU. The new CPU has the same sockel like the old one. Maybe i could work with an modded BIOS with 3840QM support?
(06-09-2019, 12:42 PM)Silence667 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe i could work with an modded BIOS with 3840QM support?
No. It's hardware limit of HM65 chipset.
OK, maybe an alternative would be the i7-2860QM. Is there any possibility to implement this CPU?
I think that quad cores CPU will overheat this laptop.
To check it you need to stress current GPU and CPU simultaneously: run Furmark & LinX (with idle process priority).
Make a screenshot of HWMonitor when GPU & CPU temperatures will stop rising.

Make a photo of its motherboard near a socket.