Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire VN7-791g Bios chip dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire VN7-791G with the following motherboard "POSEIDON_14203-1M_448.02G04.001M". In the motherboard, the previous owner has tried after a failed bios update using programmer repair again. Without success.

I found three bios roms on Russian sites. Unfortunately they do not work either.

I wrote the Roms directly with a programmer on the chip. As it was done earlier.

I googled something and found that it's not that easy. I would need some help.

The two Bios Dtein I pack in the attachment.
Kind regards
(06-19-2019, 08:47 AM)srigg Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire VN7-791G with the following motherboard "POSEIDON_14203-1M_448.02G04.001M". In the motherboard, the previous owner has tried after a failed bios update using programmer repair again. Without success.

I found three bios roms on Russian sites. Unfortunately they do not work either.

I wrote the Roms directly with a programmer on the chip. As it was done earlier.

I googled something and found that it's not that easy. I would need some help.

The two Bios Dtein I pack in the attachment.
Kind regards
Hi
Did you save the original wrong dump?
Unfortunately I do not have a copy of the defective Bios Flash. The previous owner deleted the Bios Flash before selling. I got the laptop with an empty bios chip.
I have this laptop, but my programmer can't read the chip. The programmer I'm using is the EZP2010. Maybe the chip is not compatible with my programmer, or maybe it's because the chip is still soldered to the board and that is causing some interference. Please let me know which programmer you used on this chip and if you had to desolder it.
(07-03-2019, 12:51 AM)demisoc Wrote: [ -> ]I have this laptop, but my programmer can't read the chip. The programmer I'm using is the EZP2010. Maybe the chip is not compatible with my programmer, or maybe it's because the chip is still soldered to the board and that is causing some interference. Please let me know which programmer you used on this chip and if you had to desolder it.
Hi
this SPI-programmer does not work with the SOIC8 clip
(07-03-2019, 12:58 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2019, 12:51 AM)demisoc Wrote: [ -> ]I have this laptop, but my programmer can't read the chip. The programmer I'm using is the EZP2010. Maybe the chip is not compatible with my programmer, or maybe it's because the chip is still soldered to the board and that is causing some interference. Please let me know which programmer you used on this chip and if you had to desolder it.
Hi
this SPI-programmer does not work with the SOIC8 clip

Which programmer do you recommend?
(07-03-2019, 01:48 PM)demisoc Wrote: [ -> ]Which programmer do you recommend?
I think there will be enough CH341A