Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] T430 unlock advanced BIOS settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, I followed the manual by ucupsz and BDMaster for removing the whitelist from the bios. I'd really love to unlock the advanced BIOS settings too while I'm at it it, but simply wasn't able to find any information on how to do so. I also read about unlocking AES-NI capability and a fix for 16 GB of RAM and eGPU. The latter two are not that important to me, but would be nice to have.

Also I'd like to know if is something to be worried about when BACKUP_Tools12.exe outputs a x32 file although being executed on a x64 system.

Best regards, Untergrunz
Have you flashed in your modified BIOS yet? If not, flash it now, make sure it's OK, then send me a copy of that, and I will see if I can unlock advanced tab for you (No promises, I hate Insyde BIOS and often have zero luck)
I did not flash it yet. I'll do it now and then send it to you if it's working.
(07-03-2019, 12:15 AM)Untergrunz Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings, I followed the manual by ucupsz and BDMaster for removing the whitelist from the bios. I'd really love to unlock the advanced BIOS settings too while I'm at it it, but simply wasn't able to find any information on how to do so. I also read about unlocking AES-NI capability and a fix for 16 GB of RAM and eGPU. The latter two are not that important to me, but would be nice to have.

Also I'd like to know if is something to be worried about when BACKUP_Tools12.exe outputs a x32 file although being executed on a x64 system.

Best regards, Untergrunz
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
I thought so, that's why I asked if he tested yet (before I wasted time) Thanks Dudu2002
I flashed it now (with a CH341A) and it seems to be working!
Nice, you had programmer in advance! Always handy and so cheap, everyone should have a set before considering flashing even stock BIOS.