Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] HP f104nr FINAL steps to unlock?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to all unlock-masters!

Is it unlock-able? Are there any tools to unlock it?
I used "BIOS backup toolkit" to backup current BIOS. Please have a look and give the answers.

[attachment=17011]

Any help\advise will be appreciated!

Thanks!

UPDATE 0: I've found working utility to backup my current BIOS.
UPDATE 1: AMI BCP v4.5 works fine. Now I can see all hidden options of my bios.

What should I do next?
Another update. Someone will find a screenshot in attachment below with a picture of BIOS structure.

I'm pretty sure that's all I need is to change ALL "Default" options to "USER" then save and then flash it back. Correct?
No, that's not how it's done. "Some" settings, in already visible menus, can be enabled that way sometimes.

The larger issue here is flashing in a mod BIOS. If it was Intel I could tell you how to do this easily, but AMD is a huge pain and you may need to try 10-15 different AFU versions before you find one that allows you to flash mod BIOS AND Does not brick the system. Do you have a flash programmer? If not, stop now, order one (CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable) and then once it arrives carry on after you've made a backup and confirmed it's valid (ie opens in BIOS tools, looks similar to your current etc)

Make a single change in AMIBCP, then save and try to flash. What happens, security error correct?
(07-04-2019, 10:44 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: [ -> ]No, that's not how it's done.  "Some" settings, in already visible menus, can be enabled that way sometimes.

The larger issue here is flashing in a mod BIOS.  If it was Intel I could tell you how to do this easily, but AMD is a huge pain and you may need to try 10-15 different AFU versions before you find one that allows you to flash mod BIOS AND Does not brick the system.  Do you have a flash programmer?  If not, stop now, order one (CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable) and then once it arrives carry on after you've made a backup and confirmed it's valid (ie opens in BIOS tools, looks similar to your current etc)

Make a single change in AMIBCP, then save and try to flash.  What happens, security error correct?

You're right. I tried to flash and got a security error. Since I'm able to change bios settings I've got another idea.
As of now, I access BIOS with default/user privileges but I suppose there must be a way to log into BIOS as master or admin.
What if to elevate user privileges to admin, supervisor or even master. Any clues/ways to do it? I think it's more about hacking rather than unlocking.