Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo Thinkpad T480 - Removal of supervisor password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

So I just bought a Lenovo T480 from a second hand store and to my disappointment I find that the bios is locked with a password. They cannot do anything but return the money. 

I looked over the internet and I only find information regarding old models or things strange like make a short circuit on the bios IC. 

I also find ebay sellers claiming that they can unlock the bios on my computer but I don't know if they are trustworthy. 

This is sad because I love  this computer but with this situation, I'm stuck with Windows when I wanted to dual-boot it with Ubuntu too. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock the password?

Thank you  Smile
(07-09-2019, 07:40 AM)inblack Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

So I just bought a Lenovo T480 from a second hand store and to my disappointment I find that the bios is locked with a password. They cannot do anything but return the money. 

I looked over the internet and I only find information regarding old models or things strange like make a short circuit on the bios IC. 

I also find ebay sellers claiming that they can unlock the bios on my computer but I don't know if they are trustworthy. 

This is sad because I love  this computer but with this situation, I'm stuck with Windows when I wanted to dual-boot it with Ubuntu too. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock the password?

Thank you  Smile

allservice.ro Your solution. Trustworthy.