Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS P6T Deluxe V1 Xeon support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,So a buddy of mine wants to upgrade to a Xeon X5675 from anĀ  i7-960, and I'm pretty sure that the bios by default doesn't have all of the microcodes for Xeons. could somebody add the LGA1366 Xeon microcods to the bios pls.I would do it myself but I don't have time to hunt down the tools. I'm including the stock bios. just microcode update no oprom updates. thx

[attachment=17039]
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Tell sSpec of your X5675. Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with it.
People have gotten the Xeon X5675 and other Xeons to work on the Asus P6T Deluxe v1. He hasn't gotten the X5675 yet, due to him being busy. I've requested the screenshots from him, now we wait.
Ok, I have the screenshots.

[attachment=17051] [attachment=17050]
OK. Come back when you can try to boot with Xeon X5675.
BTW: http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13789028
I'll have my bud order the processor, though I'm mostly curious if the microcodes for the Xeon are already present in the bios. I can't test that nor can my buddy. Could you maybe help me figure that out?
(07-10-2019, 01:29 PM)TheLegendofMario Wrote: [ -> ]though I'm mostly curious if the microcodes for the Xeon are already present in the bios.
Yes, they are.