Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP EliteBook 840 G5: Help! I need to reset BIOS password!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I have an HP EliteBook 840 G5 of which I've forgotten the BIOS password! I've contacted HP and unfortunately they don't send an SMC.bin file anymore, they offered to replace the motherboard at a charge!

Is there any way to reset/clear the BIOS password without replacing the motherboard?

I think its ridiculous that HP, instead of sending a little file, now want to force users to have the motherboard replaced!

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

I can supply anyone willing to assist me with any details they need to assist me, such as S/N and UUID!
Can you make current BIOS backup?
Have you a hardware programmer?
(07-17-2019, 10:00 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Can you make current BIOS backup?

Hi, thank you for your assistance!

Hi, I don't have a hardware programmer, and I'm sure I can dump the BIOS with some utility with guidance. The laptop still boots into Windows and I can still use it!

If you could walk me through which utility to use to dump the BIOS, I'm sure I'll be able to do it!
I'm not a tutor.
(07-17-2019, 10:00 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Can you make current BIOS backup?

i have the same problem, and i managed to read the bios chip can you help?
Make a photo with password's prompt and a photo after invalid password entering.
it just says enter password again
No photos - no help.
P.S. Solution isn't free.
(07-27-2019, 10:20 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]No photos - no help.
P.S. Solution isn't free.

To answer your question: After entering incorrect password three times, I get informed that the system is now locked and that I should use the power button to reset the system! It doesn't display any codes.
I need photos with system messages about "incorrect password" and "the system is now locked".
Pages: 1 2