Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba LX815-D1210 to i5...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I've got this wonderful (For what it is) Toshiba all-in-one, an LX815-D1210.  Its CPU is nominally a Pentium 988, on a G2 PGA socket.  The motherboard and chipset support up to 35w, so I swapped in a mobile i5 (g2 socket, 35w), and the machine flies, only gets up to about 40c under load...for about 10 minutes.  Then shuts itself OFF.  Not reboot, but OFF.  Turns right back on with no problem, but obviously that's not a good thing!

The board unfortunately uses a very locked down InsydeH20 BIOS, so I'm hoping the folks over in that subforum can help me out, perhaps it's a tweak on the voltage I need to do to get it to run stably...but, failing that...

Can I get a little assistance?

Thanks in advance everyone!  Love this forum.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Show good photos of its motherboard and new CPU.
(08-25-2019, 12:49 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Show good photos of its motherboard and new CPU.

Yessir.  I'm going to tear the system apart this week, in a couple of days, and I will do that.

Now when you say "CPU-Z with supported CPU" do you mean the Pentium (the original CPU) or the i5 that I swapped in.

Just want to make sure I am totally understanding you.  And, thank you very much in advance.
(08-25-2019, 02:02 PM)outlandish Wrote: [ -> ]Now when you say "CPU-Z with supported CPU" do you mean the Pentium (the original CPU) or the i5 that I swapped in.
Any.
(08-25-2019, 02:07 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2019, 02:02 PM)outlandish Wrote: [ -> ]Now when you say "CPU-Z with supported CPU" do you mean the Pentium (the original CPU) or the i5 that I swapped in.
Any.

ok!  And thanks again.