Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Vostro A860 BIOS for T6670
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, could you please help add support of Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T6670 CPU into DEL Vostro A860 laptop ?
After installation of T6670 laptop is booting up and shows the warning message - please have a look on attached file "Dell Vostro A860-Boot Process.jpg"
After pressing F1 button OS is starting but in My Computer, Properties shows CPU speed 2,2 GHz instead of 2,3 GHz.

Enclosed are 2 tabs from the CPU-Z.

DELL Vostro A860 BIOS direct link https://downloads.dell.com/bios/A860A02.EXE
Try to flash my mod.
(09-12-2019, 11:38 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to flash my mod.

I tried to flash your mod under FREE-DOS by entering from the command prompt A860A02_45nm.exe /forceit and got the error.
You need to reinstall the original processor.
Or try to run it in Windows
(09-17-2019, 08:50 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]You need to reinstall the original processor.  
Or try to run it in Windows

I reinstalled original Celeron 550 2 GHz processor and flashed the BIOS mod under FREE-DOS with /forced command line option.
After successful BIOS update I powered off the laptop and inserted T6670 processor. During boot process with T6670 after initial DELL logo screen laptop shows black screen during 3-5 seconds and then normally booted Windows 7.
Now, I got rid of warning screen that processor is not supported and that I have to choose either press F1 key to continue or press F2 key to enter BIOS.

Thanks a lot for your help, your time and efforts!
Nice news!