Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: I upgraded to a xeon x3470 but im having problems overclocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok the screenshot is up but if you look at cinebench it says 3.3ghz and throttle stop says 3.6ghz.. the 3.6ghz is a lie and the 3.3ghz is what my cpu is actually what its clocked at and idk why
No, you are wrong. Your CPU runs runs with x24 multiplier with Cinebench.
Your CPU has maximum non-turbo ratio - x22. It can use x24 with active Turbo Boost only.
So any BIOS mod isn't needed.

Look in your TXT-report of CPU-Z. Find value of IA32_MISC_ENABLE - MSR with 0x1A0 address.
IA32_MISC_ENABLE[16]=1 - Enhanced Intel SpeedStep is enabled.
IA32_MISC_ENABLE[38]=0 - Turbo Boost is enabled.
so what your saying is if i lower my multiplier to 22 and then use the bus clock to achieve 3.6ghz my problem should be fixed? and i dont know what cpuz it says speed step is enables and turbo boost is enabled because in my bios i have those turned off is that throttle stop program like an overclocking software i noticed it said something about speed step in a check box if i turn off speed step there will it disable it on my pc?
i just went into my bios and set the multiplier to 22 and the bus speed to 165 now im getting a static 3.6ghz even in cinebench thanks for your help man i really appreciate it
What are Cinebench results with 165x22 and 150x24?
like the different scores? ill have to test that i actually just made another change dropped the bus speed to 160 because my temps were getting to hot ill run a test now on cenebench and get the scores then change it back and do it again
ok so at 160x22 my cenebench score was 1143 with core temps of 86c 84c 83c and 86c
and at 150x24 cinebench score was 1166 with temps of 87c 85c 84c and 86c
so does that mean my procesor is running beffore with 150x24 than it is with 160x22 thats what im getting out of this
It means that Cinebench is wrong about 3.3ghz when 150x24 is set.
well thanks alot for the help man
Pages: 1 2