Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: I upgraded to a xeon x3470 but im having problems overclocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so i get this new xeon x3470 and i go to overclock it yea no problem in my bios im using a 24x multiplier and a 150 bus speed problem is when i run benchmarks it says my cpu is only clocked to 3.3 ghz and in cpuz it is telling me it is at a static 3.6ghz on idle and under load i have a static clock set speed step and turbo boost are turned off! i dont understand why this is happening i want my cpu to be running at PEAK performance it isnt thermal throttling either i dent a stress test and max temps are around 80c before when i had an i5 750 i had that thing overclocked to 3.8ghz no problem i didnt have this problem with my i5 but i get this xeon and all the sudden it isnt overclocked as much as it is supposed to i had someone on toms hardware show me this https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/...d.3522587/ but he clearly cant read that i said i am not! using turbo boost i have a static clock set so maybe somebody on here can help me it would be much appreciated thanks and have a nice day  -Zach
edit - i dont know why in throttle stop it says i have speedstep on i turned it off in my bios
Show screenshots of ThrottleStop: main window and TPL.
Delete file ThrottleStop.ini before running ThrottleStop!

Make a screenshot of HWMonitor with any CPU benchmark running.
it wont let me post the benchmark screenshot it says too big but here is a link to the screenshot so you can see it and i put the other picture in an edit on my main post https://gyazo.com/2ba6bbd7c4e2224e1b9e8303f3aaea08
Make a screenshot of ThrottleStop (main window) with any CPU benchmark running.
TRL is needed also.
And I need TXT-report of CPU-Z from this system.
ok i have updated my post with the things you have asked for
I see x24 multiplier on your last screenshot with CPU-Z's bench.
BTW: TRL is not TPL.
ok it is there now sorry i miss read
I don't see any problem. Your CPU runs with x24 multiplier.
when i run cinebench or any other benchmark it tells me my cpu is only clocked at 3.3ghz but in my bios i have my overclock set to a static 3.6ghz
(09-16-2019, 12:36 AM)beastzach152251 Wrote: [ -> ]when i run cinebench or any other benchmark it tells me my cpu is only clocked at 3.3ghz
Make a screenshot of ThrottleStop (main window) with Cinebench running.
Pages: 1 2