Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell G3 3779 laptop - limit cpu in bios to 90-99%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
Can anyone help me to limit the cpu in dell bios of g3 3779 laptop to 90-99% ? The laptop has a problem and it will connect/disconnect continuously from AC adaptor/charging when CPU is being "used" at 100% (even if not 100% sometime). I've done everything to find the fault but I think something is wrong with the motherboard and once I set 90% max cpu performance in power settings in win10, no more problems, I then upped the limit to 99% and still worked perfectly (tested with prime95), if I max it to 100% cpu performance it does again but once I set 99% even with prime95 the battery is charging/no more disconnection issues (I replaced the battery but same issue)
I noticed the connecting/disconnection from charging once in bios as well if I restart the laptop right after being used at 100% for a bit then go to bios. If I reinstall windows I will have to set again the cpu limit to 99% in windows but if I do it in bios it will be safer Smile
There is no setting in bios as with most dell devices to play with cpu mhz/voltage etc. Is there any way to limit the cpu in bios by a mod/hack ?
Thank you very much