Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP Pavilion dv7-6c23cl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would really like to be able to Upgrade my Wifi Card and it seems as though I will need a BIOS Tweak to do so?

As a side note, I see some mention of AHCI Stuff here on the forum.  I have a Samsung EVO850, so without knowing, I'm hoping a BIOS Tweak will allow me some performance for that also.  All I know is that there is no Option for AHCI on this old laptop.  

I'm really hoping there is already a BIOS Re-Written for this BIOS because I can't imagine how much work goes into doing this.  I looked at some info on the net to do such a thing and I could never follow all those instructions!

I see the HP Section now guys but I'm not super technical so need a little help giving you guys what you need.  I'm guessing I need to go into the BIOS to actually see which one were dealing with.

The more I read I'm getting a little nervous even attempting to do this!  I'll wait and see if I get any feedback.

HP Pavilion dv7-6c23cl
Can someone point me to the HP Laptop Wifi Whitelisted BIOS Mods?  I saw them the other day and now cannot find?

Okay, found it.  But now I don't know how to find my BIOS Version, something like this: 140AF0C.  I don't see this anywhere, though I think I have in the past?  Just looked in my BIOS and the only thing it tells me is the Flash Version "F.1C"

Okay, I see now it is an Insyde Serial Number: 2CE2140N81
But this still don't look like the numbers I see on the HP Disabled Whitelist Mega Thread!

Any help?  I should throw this thing in the trash Angry